Monday, April 29, 2013

Y is for Yelena

Yelena is sentenced to hang by the noose for killing--it doesn't matter WHY she did it. Is it a miracle she is offered the job of food taster for the Commander instead, or just a slower, more painful death in the end? Yelena's character is the extreme example of scraping yourself off the floor, making the best of your crappy situation, and finding a way to trust, love, and live again.


"I peered deeper and found my soul. A little tattered and with some holes, but there all the same. It had always been there."

Do you like Yelena? Tell me some of your favorite Y characters.


9 comments:

Brandon Ax said...

Wow Y is a hard one. Does Yoda count?

Tonja Drecker said...

Haven't heard of this one. But I like the cover :)

Sheena-kay Graham said...

I read a preview for Poison and it seems to be a good book.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Food taster - that might not be a great alternative, but anything to gain more life.

Jennie Bennett said...

Very cool idea! I totally want to read this now!

Johanna Garth said...

Don't know if I like Yelena without reading the book, but I like the concept.

Unknown said...

Food taster for a Commander might end fatally. :( Thanks for sharing about the book. Sounds good.

Carrie Butler said...

I've never heard of this one, but I'll have to check it out! Thanks, Ilima. :)

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Sounds like an interesting book!