Friday, April 19, 2013

Q is for Quinn MacPherson

To be honest, I read this book because I really needed a Q character for my A to Z posts, lol. Eighteen-year-old Quinn is truly messed up: drugs, stealing, low self-esteem. With a cheating father and psychotic mother, it's no surprise. Good thing Ben sees past all that and is willing to love her as she is, faults and all.


"My insides feel like they are crumbling like a towering JENGA game. I lose."

Do you like Quinn? Tell me some of your favorite Q characters.

7 comments:

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Quinn has a lot of problems but I like that she has someone who wants to look out for her. My Q characters are Queen of Hearts and Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman.

Queen of Hearts in both Alice in Wonderland and my W.I.P. Escaping Wonderland. Both women have power and are willing to get rid of Alice to keep it.

Dr. Quinn stared in a great series and she was so kind and strong. Loved watching this show on television.

Robin said...

2 days in a row you've had books I haven't read yet. I don't know that I'd pick this one up,I'm not much for heavy topics right now-give me fluff-I'm reading The Earth, My Butt, and Other Round Things and LMBO. (b for butt)
Dr Quinn: Medicine Woman is a good Q character. I forgot about her.

Way to keep the A to Z's going.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The Challenge enticed you to read something new, didn't it?

Johanna Garth said...

I love the honesty! Picking a book for it's "Q" title, but sounds like it was a good one :)

Anonymous said...

It's great to discover new books. Would you have picked this one up if you didn't need a Q?

Carrie Butler said...

Oo, pretty cover! :) Thanks for sharing, Ilima!

Rhonda Parrish said...

That's fun. My Q word was Quinn also, but he was a character in a very different kind of story LOL