Thursday, April 4, 2013

D is for Deanna Lambert

Who is Deanna Lambert you say? She's the main protagonist in Sara Zarr's STORY OF A GIRL. Getting caught in the back seat of a car at 13 doing you-know-what with a boy, by her dad no less, causes all kinds of grief for Deanna. :( Will she overcome the demons of her past, or end up working with him at the crappy pizza shop in town. You'll have to read it to find out...



“That's how you know you really trust someone, I think; when you don't have to talk all the time to make sure they still like you or prove that you have interesting stuff to say.” 

Do you like Deanna? What are your favorite D characters?

15 comments:

Tonja Drecker said...

Sounds like a good story - very true to life. :)

Brandon Ax said...

As the father of a daughter I shudder in fear of this, lol. Sounds like an interesting story

Sheena-kay Graham said...

I forgot about this book. I need to buy it.

Robin said...

Perfect D choice. Story of a Girl was my first Sara Zarr book. We all make mistakes, Deanna had to be strong to deal with the after.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

I haven't read this one, but I'm making a note of it. :) I have Zarr's HOW TO SAVE A LIFE (??) on my list already...

jaybird said...

I read this and found it fascinating. How we overcome mistakes and bad choices help define who we are, for sure.

Patricia Stoltey said...

More wonderful stories for my To Be Read list. I'm enjoying your A to Z series a lot.

Donna K. Weaver said...

Awkward at any age but especially so young.

Cassie Mae said...

Oh, how awful! I totally want to read about the embarrassment :)

Jennie Bennett said...

I hadn't even heard of this book, sounds good!

Anonymous said...

Not one I've read yet. I'll have to check it out.

Nigel G Mitchell said...

Same here. Never heard of this book, sounds good

Jay Noel said...

Dang. I got caught by my dad doing you-know-what in my car. The girl I was with freaked out. And rightfully so.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

I haven't read any Sara Zarr yet, but I'm borrowing some from Natalie. Can't wait. :)

Unknown said...

I'm adding this to my Good Reads list. Thank you
Connie
Checkin' in from the A to Z Challenge.
Peanut Butter and Whine