Thursday, April 25, 2013

V is for Valentine Wiggin

Valentine is Ender's loving older sister in Orson Scott Card's ENDER'S GAME, one of my favorite books of all time. She protected Ender from their older brother Peter, manipulated the political landscape by writing under the pseudonym of Demosthenes, and developed the infamous Hierarchy of Foreignness. So basically, she's made of all the awesome.


"Ender, it really is true. We may be young, but we're not powerless. We play by their rules long enough, and it becomes our game."

Do you like Valentine? Tell me your favorite V characters.

13 comments:

Brandon Ax said...

I am ashamed to say I never read this book.

jaybird said...

I'm drawing a blank on V characters right now. Don't know why. I think I need another cup of coffee this morning, I'm really dragging here...lol.

Can I tell you a V in real life I don't like? Victoria Beckham. For some reason, she annoys the living crap out of me. Probably because she gets to sleep with David Beckham every night...IDK. LOL

Lily Prusso said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

I love Valentine! She's possibly my favorite character of all time!

Anonymous said...

Good pick! I can't think of any V characters. I think, like jaybird, I need coffee.

Mark Means said...

I've been hearing of the "Enders" series for a long while now, but have never read any of them.

I need to fix that soon :)

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Heard of this book but never read it.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I've not read the book but I'll probably see the movie.

Kathryn Purdie said...

Time for me to read Ender's Game again. It's been too long... I don't even remember this character! Sounds like she's amazing.

Carrie Butler said...

You picked a great quote! :)

Jackie said...

I started reading Enders Game but it go to scifi for me and I didn't like it. I agree, valentine is a good sister

Anonymous said...

I loved her too...so strong and wise!

Unknown said...

I'm rather ashamed to admit that she was my teenage crush... so empathetic, loving, young and beautiful.