Thursday, January 31, 2013

Book Signing Pics!

I had a great time last week at a book signing at the King's English in SLC. Here are a few photos from the event.

Here I am with Brodi Ashton, author of Everbound, book two in the Everneath series. She gave a hilarious presentation on world building AND revealed the title of book number three, but it's a secret. Hehe.




The spread at this signing was unbelievable. Dessert bar, sandwiches, veggies, drinks, and check out Brodi's Shop-n-Go. How awesome is that?




Here I am with Cynthia Hand, author of Boundless, the final installment in the Unearthly series. She shared with us her inspiration behind the settings in her books. Super cool.




But my favorite part about going to signings is getting to hang out with writer friends. We had such a blast that night. I think my sides are still hurting from laughing so hard.



Have you been to any book signings lately? What author would you absolutely love to meet?

I'll leave you with a song by The Airborne Toxic Event. Did you know Mikel Jollett, the lead singer, is a writer? Maybe one day I can rock the music world too...okay, maybe that's not All I Ever Wanted. :)

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics at the book signing, Pleased you had a good time.
Yvonne.

DRC said...

Ooh I love The Airbourne Toxic Event. My fav is 'Sometime around midnight'. I knew he was a writer, and with this one I think it shows. He really captures the emotion and feeling, and whenever I listen to it I have to turn it up and shut everything else out :)

And book signings are such good fun too...

Kathryn Purdie said...

I had so much fun with you at that signing! Great writing buddies make the world go round. :-)

ilima said...

Yvonne-Thanks, I did.

DRC-I LOVE 'Sometime around midnight' too. I can never get enough of it.

Alex-It was way too much fun. Writers are hilarious people.

Katie-Yes, thanks for inviting me. It was a blast.

jaybird said...

Loving that shop and go! What an awesome idea. With all of the book stores closing around me, I am really sad about losing the opportunity to go there and meet all my favorite authors. BOO!

Glad you had a fun time. Looks like smiles all around- :)

And wouldn't you know, I happen to love this song!

Emily said...

You look adorable and like a girl who really knows how to throw an outfit together!

The last book signing I went to was with my kids and it was Brandon Mull and there was a mix up on the time and so he wasn't able to speak, just sign. A little disappointing. But we did get a picture with him and he was super nice to the kids.

Al Diaz said...

Wow! YOu did have a great time. Congratulations and may more come your way. :)

ilima said...

Jaybird-I know, right? Even B&N is on a closing streak. :(

Emily-Whoever came up with that outfit is a genius. ;)

Al-Thanks, I really did!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Um, I totally missed out on getting in the pictures, didn't I? Curse me and my fear of too many people!

Nick Wilford said...

Looks like you had a blast!

Emily R. King said...

Fun! Wish I could have been there!

Mark Means said...

Looks like an awesome event :)

ilima said...

Michelle-I was thinking the same thing...where is Michelle??? It was a fun night with you guys, though.

Nick-It was so much fun!

Emily-Wish you were there too, Emily!

Mark-It was incredible. Makes me excited for having my own book signing some day. *dreams*

Johanna Garth said...

I need to get to more book signings! Your pictures inspired me and it looks like you had so much fun!

Vanessa Morgan said...

Wow, what a great book signing! I'm glad you had a blast. I haven't been to one lately, but my next one will be in March, because John Waters will be in Belgium to sign books :)

Daisy Carter said...

Looks like you had a great night! Thanks for sharing!

Julie said...

*sigh*

Meeting other authors... might that possibly the BEST thing about being a writer?!

Methinks yes!

P.s. Shop-n-go? Brilliant!

Leslie said...

what a blast! And what fabulous authors to hang out with!

ilima said...

Johanna-I swoon over authors at signings like I'm meeting a Hollywood star...I'm such a nerd!

Vanessa-Ooh, that sounds like fun. I hope you have a great time.

Daisy-I did, thanks for stopping by.

Julie-It's true. We authors are the coolest people on the planet. :)

Leslie-They were so much fun. :)

Morgan said...

Ohhh... love the pics! How fun! I would FREAK to meet Jim Butcher... Loooooove him...

David P. King said...

We are seriously considering doing our launch party there. Glad you had such a great time! :)

Cortney Pearson said...

So fab! It's been a long time since I've been to a book signing!