Thursday, November 14, 2013

Serenity

No, this isn't a post about Firefly.


I'm talking about serenity, as in peace and calm. It's something I haven't enjoyed in a while and if you're doing NaNo you probably haven't either. But remember this post? I thought I'd share some after pics of my newly designed bedroom:

The medieval doorway leads to our bathroom...or should I say throne room?

If you squint really hard you can see pics of my family

Where the magic sleep happens.

In LOVE with our giant mirror. 

Pretty, no? Somehow, just looking at it calms me down. And I'm so grateful for that right now. I've had a rough couple of days and peace is something I'm ready to welcome like an old friend.

My husband also kidnapped me this afternoon. Within 3 1/2 hours we drove to Ikea, bought all the fixings for a new chill lounge for his employees, ate lunch, drove back to his office, unloaded endless boxes, assembled everything and put the room together. Talk about instant gratification. It was quite therapeutic, actually. And the feeling of accomplishment lifted my spirits quite a bit.

You can't see the flat screen TV and mini-fridge on the other end. How will work ever get done?

We're almost halfway through November. How are you with your NaNo goals? Consider taking a hot bath, sipping some cocoa by the fire, and taking a minute to ponder on everything you've accomplished so far. Mmm, serenity achieved.

Now get off your butt and get to typing. We've got some words to write, people!

One of my CP's sent me this song yesterday. She heard it and knew it was perfect for one of my books, and now I can't stop listening to it. Just what I needed. Thanks, Katie!

21 comments:

Suzanne Furness said...

Gorgeous room, could stay there all day!

Tonja Drecker said...

Wow! That's a lovely room; no wonder you feel serene. I love the entrance to the bath and feel totally inspired :)
Go get them words!!!

Tonja Drecker said...

Just nominated you for the Sweetest Blogger Award (only if you have time, of course ;) )

Annalisa Crawford said...

That's such a beautiful room. I'm not sure I'd spend time in any other room if it was mine! I love the doorway especially.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

I have some catching up with Nano but I'm getting there. Yup real serene Ilima, love it. Ha, that husband of yours.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Looks inviting to me! You can come decorate our house next.

Leandra Wallace said...

Gorgeous room! Can I come to your house when I need some serenity? =) Also love the red bus in the artwork in the employee's lounge.

Unknown said...

Nice way to lead in with Firefly! Looks like you have it all under control...you like the mirror because it's SHINY!

Jennie Bennett said...

You are such a good interior designer! Want to come to my new place and Texas and fix it up for me??

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

It looks so spa-like! :)

I actually took a hot bubble bath last night and it felt good. My shoulders, neck etc had been aching from all the keyboard hours but it's all better…at least for a little while. :)

Kathryn Purdie said...

Aaahhh. I love your bedroom. Love the brick next to the calming green paint and your soothing cream furniture. So happy you have that space to relax in. And that song seriously gives me the chills with amazingly perfect it is for your book! <3

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

Oh, it looks beautiful!

Morgan said...

Oh my gosh... I LOVE the rock!!!! We have rock in our house too--I'm obsessed with it... and the mirror and everything... Ilima, it's gorgeous. Simply gorgeous.

Now you need to have a dinner party and invite us Utah writers over, yes??? ;-)

Emily R. King said...

Love the pics and the song! Good for you for finding peace in your very own santuary.

Anonymous said...

Your rooms are so nice and tidy! They look very relaxing.

Suzi said...

Wow. Will you come renovate my house? Loooove the bedroom. I could definitely relax there.

Emily said...

Oh, I also love your bedroom. Can I come and lock myself in there? It looks so peaceful and quiet.

jaybird said...

Sorry about the hard couple of days Ilima!! I am totally in love with your new room. It's gorgeous!! I could relax in there for days. I might not ever want to come out...

Good luck with your word count. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. xo

Carrie Butler said...

I'm so jealous of that doorway! Unfortunately, it looks too heavy to steal... LOL

David P. King said...

Goodness! your place is like a high-end resort! :)

Donna K. Weaver said...

Love love love that archway! Would love something like that! Ambiance is everything. Put me in the wrong environment and my creativity shuts down.