Friday, August 23, 2013

No Regrets Allowed

I posted about my publishing journey over on Throwing Up Words earlier this week. Click on over to check it out if you have a minute!

I used to be quite crafty. Sewed my kids clothes, decorated my house, cooked elaborate meals. And then writing fell into my life. Can you say time suck? These days I count having clean underwear and not tripping over toys in the entryway a win. It doesn't mean I don't appreciate a magazine-ready home or fine dining, I just don't have as much time these days to do it all myself.


Have you ever been into a Restoration Hardware store? We went a few weeks ago. I've always crushed on the catalogs but actually being in the store, I'm all, TAKE MY MONEY right now. Okay not really, but we did have their interior designer lady come to our house and talk to us and draw up decorating plans and everything. I know, right? I mean, who hires an interior designer?


Apparently we do. It makes sense since I'm a super rich writer now. *SARCASM* But as much as I love RH and am excited for all the pretty things to come (we plan to go slowly, room by room, because I am not a super rich writer *un-sarcasm*) I'm even more excited that someone else is doing it all.


It's kind of like reading a really good book as opposed to writing one. Sometimes it's nice to just enjoy a story that someone else put in all the blood, sweat and tears into making so wonderful. And that's okay. No regrets. Because tomorrow you will be putting in the hard work on another project, and one day someone will kick back and enjoy what you made in all its pretty and purposely put together glory. :)

15 comments:

Tonja Drecker said...

Wow, an interior designer - how fancy ;)
But I hear you on the time sucker. My sewing machine is collecting dust, my house. . .well, we don't even mention the uncleanly state it's always in. I'm betting there's a way to balance all of this. Now, we just have to find it.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Finding balance is tough. Congrats on being able to afford an interior designer.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's cool someone will help you decorate. And it's wild to think people are kicking back to enjoy what we wrote.

jaybird said...

Oh my gosh do I have some decorator envy going on here...I want someone to come over and throw away everything in my house and go at it from a fresh perspective. That would be so awesome. Don't really have the money to back that up though. So, boo. Maybe one day when I'm a rich writer...*major sarcasm here*!! Ha. xo

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

Those photos are beautiful! Have fun! And post pics when your rooms get done. :)

Jenny S. Morris said...

Sounds exciting! I love architecture and design. Not that I'm go at it but I love the idea of it. :)

Jennie Bennett said...

That's the store at city creek, right? I love that place! You're house is going to be so pretty! Mine looks it was put together by me. Which means it looks pretty bad, haha :) Love the song, as always.

Donna K. Weaver said...

Those are gorgeous. I just need someone with some design sense to do the designing, someone with money (yeah, I get your big sarcasm) to fund it, and someone to keep it clean and neat.

Ain't happening. lol

Murees Dupè said...

Using an interior designer could be a fun experience and if it makes your life a little easier, why not? Best of luck to you.

Robin said...

I'll look forward to someone else turning your gorgeous home even more incredible. And man am I glad you're spending your time writing:)

Jay Noel said...

Whoa...hiring an interior designer is pretty fancy. So will you post pics???

Leigh Covington said...

I've decided I have to deal with my house being a bit messy if I'm going to get any writing done. Some things are just more important than no dust and no toys on the floor - right? :)

Kelley Lynn said...

Yeah, my house is usually a mess too. And I'm okay with that. :) haha

Tammy Theriault said...

i'm just gonna throw out there for legal purposes, but next time you feature pics of my home...at least take one with me lounging on the couch. i wish!! one day...

Emily said...

I think if you can pay someone to do something you don't have the time or talent for...you should. This is why we have someone else cut our grass.

Love those pictures. I want my house to look like that!