Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Launch Party!

I'm crawling out of my revision cave *waves to the sunshine* for a few minutes to share the awesomeness that was my launch party day.

I thought my official release day was epic; I was flooded with friend well wishes and book reviews all day long with no time to breathe. But party day was craaazzy.

I woke up at 3:30 am to get to the ABC4 Studios for a live interview later that morning:



After a quick breakfast with my publicist, I headed to a radio station for a twenty-minute interview that was a ton of fun:


I had a few minutes to spare and went home to attempt a nap, but I mostly just sat still for an hour and tried to rest the best I could. Then I was off to another live TV interview on CBS:


Then it was launch party time at The King's English. I talked for a bit, my friend and CP Emily (who flew in from San Francisco just for my launch) read some of my book, I made a couple of secret announcements about Remake (that I hope to share with you all soon), and I answered lots of questions from the audience.

My CP Katie gave me and "Nine" a happy book birthday cupcake!


Emily and her gorgeous radio voice.

The space was filled to capacity, and the room in back was packed too--standing room only! So cool.


Then it was signing time, which lasted over an hour but flew by quickly. So much fun to see friends, family, writers, strangers, my publisher peeps, etc. who all came out to support me. Hopefully everyone got a chance to mingle and snack while they waited. I wish I could have chatted with everyone!


My favorite fan of the night...and the only one I let get that close aka my husband. :)

The King's English was fantastic, of course. They said they ordered way more books than they usually do for a launch because they had a feeling it might be crowded. But the turnout was still way more than they expected and they only had a few books left at the end of the night. My amazing wonderful spectacular publisher, Shadow Mountain, set up a rockin' party for me, and they all came out to support me too. So awesome!

THE LINE

As if that wasn't enough, a few of my writer friends and I went out to eat afterwards. So. Much. Fun. It's kind of a miracle I didn't fall asleep driving home, whew.

My CPs Emily, Katie, and Robin(who was back in NC with a newborn).

David, Katie, Angie, Emily P, Robin, Christy, Emily K, me, Celesta.

All in all, I can't think of how the day could have been any better. It's a once in a life time experience that I will never forget, and I'm thrilled with how the day went. Thanks again for all of my friends who came out to support REMAKE!!!

*Crawls back into revision cave*

24 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

What a full day! Two television spots, a radio spot, and a huge party. That is awesome, Ilima. You should enjoy the release of your first book to the fullest.

Murees Dupè said...

Congratulations Ilima! It is wonderful that your launch party was so successful and it definitely looked like a lot of fun. You deserve all the good things coming your way and so much more.

Leandra Wallace said...

Whoa, that was one day filled w/awesome! I bet you were beat at the end of it. So glad it was amazing, full of friends and family and new fans!

Rosalyn said...

What an awesome release day! Congratulations--and I hope to read your book *soon*. I keep hearing so many good things about it.

David P. King said...

You owned that day, and I consider myself lucky to see some of that glow. Congrats again, Ilima! :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Wish I had been there!

Jenilyn Collings said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you!

Jessie Humphries said...

So awesome! Glad I could at least see the pics :)

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Looks like it was a great and fun launch. Congrats Ilima and I'm so happy you had a good turnout.

Shallee said...

So amazing, Ilima! I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you!

Tammy Theriault said...

get back in the revisions cave! I need Remake2!

Brandon Ax said...

That is awesome and looks like a ton of fun. Good luck on the revisions.

Crystal Collier said...

Whew! Definitely a busy, crazy, awesome day. If you're going to have a launch day, I'm thinking that's the way to go. Huge congrats, and here, let me toss some cheese into the revision cave.

Unleashing the Dreamworld

Kathryn Purdie said...

So fun to see all the pics together from that very awesome day. You totally rocked it with style. So proud and happy for you!

dolorah said...

Wow. all I can say is "Awesome".

Cathrina Constantine said...

Congratulations!!! What a day to remember!!!

Anonymous said...

I seriously love your blog.. Very nice colors & theme. Did you develop this website yourself? Please reply back as I'm trying to create my own site and want to know where you got this from or exactly what the theme is called. Cheers!

My blog: obat tbc

Nick Wilford said...

That was an epic day. You must have had a ton of fun. Congrats!

jaybird said...

ROCK ON!! Best day in the life of a newbie author, hands down!! I am so psyched for you. I was down and without a computer for a bit, so I couldn't get a message of congrats to you. I was able to get Remake on my Kindle and write a review for you. Five stars, of course. Best of luck with all of the promos and please know that I am routing for you, every step of the way!!!! So, so proud and happy for you Ilima.

Anonymous said...

I was sooooo honored to be a reader for REMAKE! And you were awesome that day! You have got this author thing down, girl! Good job!

Emily said...

Uh, that was me, not Canyon.

Morgan said...

Ohhhh… I'm hugging all of this!!!! Ilima, you are so beautiful. You look fabulous and I love all of these pictures!!!

You're amazing.

And GOOD LUCK with revisions… I'm so sorry you're in the cave…

Jack said...

That is so amazing!! I am so happy for you! It looks like you're off to a great start!

Emily R. King said...

Whoa! What a month, eh? Glad you survived and I got to be apart of it somehow.