Here is the countdown of my top ten favorite movies:
10. Ladyhawke--A fantasy of forbidden love with Matthew Broderick and Michelle Pfeiffer...um, yes please.
9. Whale Rider--Overcoming tradition and fulfilling your destiny...LOVE this movie about a girl longing for love and acceptance.
8. Inception--I remember sitting in the theater watching Eclipse and wishing I could be in the next room watching Inception again. Everything a great mind-bending sci-fi should be.
7. The Village--Yes, I'm a big fan of M. Night Shyamalan. *ducks tomatoes* But come on, Lucius Hunt. *swoons*
6. Sweet Land--An indie-film about immigrant America...beautiful beautiful film (and love story)!
5. V for Vendetta--I've only seen an edited version of this, but if you're looking for a girl-power dystopian that will resonate for a long time...this is it.
4. Serenity--I'm cheating because really I want to put "Firefly" here, but it's not a movie. :)
3. Last of the Mohicans--I think I've seen this movie a hundred times. And no, I'm not exaggerating. I can recite Every Single Line from the movie.
2. Warrior--Who knew a story about Mixed Martial Arts could make me cry buckets every time I watch it?
1. Pride & Prejudice--The Keira Knightly version. The cinematography is insane, the music beautiful, and Mr. Darcy's long walk in the sunrise to proclaim his love...how can you go wrong?
Do you like any of these movies? Tell me your favorites in the comments. And go here to see who else is participating in the blogfest.