Here are my 5 things for today:
1. Onion volcanoes. No matter how many times I go to a teppanyaki restaurant, I still get giddy in anticipation to see this food show staple.
2. Camera phone surprises. You know, when you connect your phone to the computer and there are a hundred versions of your little angel, or her knee, or the ceiling fan, etc. downloading. It's impossible NOT to smile/laugh in that moment.
3. Diving for octopus. So it's not diving so much as snorkeling in the reef with my dad wielding a Hawaiian spear, but it's by far one of my favorite memories growing up and what I look forward to the most when I visit my family back home. Here'a a goofy pic of my dad and our last kill. It was delish!
4. Secret passages. So maybe Downton Abbey has made these cool again, but we actually have one in our house. And it's super cool. Shh! Don't tell.
5. Stop motion videos. They are artsy and raw and oh so creative and beautiful. I also know firsthand that they are very time-consuming to make. So props to those who can make a good one.
What are some things that bring you joy? Tell me in the comments, because maybe it's contagious.