Friday, June 1, 2012

Another Award!

It must be award season 'cause I'm seeing these babies all around the blogosphere. What fun it's been to learn more about my online friends. A special thanks to Tracey for giving me the Kreativ Blogger Award.


Here are the rules:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award
2. Answer the ten questions below
3. Share ten random facts/thoughts about yourself
4. Nominate seven worthy blogs for the Kreativ Blogger Award

So, here goes:

What is your favorite song/singer?

It changes daily, I'm not kidding. Today it's Too Late by M83. It usually depends on what I'm writing that day.

What's your favorite dessert?

Ice cream. And anything with peanut butter and chocolate. If you give me peanut butter and chocolate ice cream, you will be my BFF forever and ever.

What ticks you off?

When I am blamed for something I didn't do. This is a weakness of mine. I have no problem being blamed when I actually did something wrong, but if it wasn't me, I'm pretty stubborn and get ticked about it.

When you're upset what do you do?

Eat peanut butter and chocolate ice cream. Or blog/tweet about it.

Which is/was your favorite pet?

To avoid a long rant about why I do not allow anything that poops in my house (besides my family...barely), I'll just say I love horses and riding them. (I took several semesters in college, Western and English style)

Which do you prefer, black or white?

White. In fact for my wedding, I just wanted my colors to be white and white. White everywhere. I finally caved and added a forest green (it was the 90's after all. It was either forest green or burgundy, am I right?)

What is your biggest fear?

That one of my kids will go missing. I get the chills just typing that.

What is your attitude mostly?

Honest but polite meshed with a little bit of snark when I think others can take it. Sometimes when they can't.

What is perfection?

Have you seen my profile picture? :)

What is your guilty pleasure?

Reading.

Okay, here are ten random facts about myself:

1-Favorite book: Speaker for the Dead
2-Favorite movie: Pride and Prejudice...wait for it...the Keira Knightly version
3-Favorite color: turquoise
4-Favorite jewelry: turquoise
5-I may have had Nutella for breakfast (and lunch)
6-My middle name means "the star called from heaven"
7-I can speak Hawaiian
8-I love raw fish, raw crab, and raw octopus
9-I hate wearing make-up
10-I got a hold-it-in-my-hands copy of Remake in the mail today (just a personal copy as query inspiration):


And now, I pass the Kreativ Blogger award along to:

DRC
Carrie
Jenny
Angela
Danielle
Deana
Fiona

Have a great weekend all!

12 comments:

jaybird said...

Whenever I read your "facts" I love you all the more! Seriously, Ilima, you are ALL kinds of awesome, and I must have been your BFF in an alternate universe or other life or something :)

Kathryn Purdie said...

Haha...your profile picture IS perfection! And I didn't know you were so into horses. I predict an awesome horse will make it's way into a future Ilima novel. And I'm so excited you got a physical copy of Remake! I'd still love to do that for Rowaness. Right now all the formatting sounds like a lot of work. Tell me if it's easier than I think. :-)

Dani said...

Whoo hoo! Thanks for the award! I love the cover of your book and so proud that I know just a great inspiration and writer!

Emily said...

I also love learning new things about you! And yes, I know about forest green and burgundy and the nineties. I got stuck with forest green too!

Jenny S. Morris said...

Oh man, that cover is hauntingly beautiful!! Wow.

Thanks for the award!!

Angela Cothran said...

Thanks Ilima :) I love that you had your book made! How cool is that? I love Nutella too! It's okay to eat it like pudding, right?

DRC said...

Hey! Thanks for the award! And you know...prefering the Kiera Knightly version of Pride and Prejudice is perfectly fine. You're not alone :)

ilima said...

Jaybird-Thanks. I think you're spot on about the alternate universe thing. Seriously. :)

Katie-I think horses have a better chance of making it into your books than mine, but I'm glad there's more to me than you know about. :)

Danielle-You're welcome and thanks for the book cover love.

Emily-Yep. Just add sunflower decor, Hootie and the Blowfish in the background, and striped rugby shirts on the guys and call it 1997.

Jenny-Thanks, my husband made it. I love it too. And you are welcome!

Angie-Give me the container and a plastic spoon, it's a meal on the go. :)

DRC-Good to know. I feel like ducking my head to avoid the BBC version fans whenever I mention it.

Carrie Butler said...

That song made me feel so chill. I think I just melted into my chair...

I don't blame you for wanting a hold-it-in-my-hands copy. Your cover looks amazing!

Oh, and thank you for passing the award on to me! I really appreciate it. :)

Elana Johnson said...

A girl after my own heart with the chocolate and peanut butter ice cream. Have you had the concoction at Cold Stone with peanut butter and chocolate. YOU WILL DIE.

ilima said...

Carrie-Haha. Yes. Melt into my chair mellow sounds about right. And you're welcome!

Elana-Yes, I have. And I died. Glad I didn't lose you after the whole brie and granola thing. :)

Deana said...

Aww, you're so sweet! Thanks for the award:) And I loved that you got a personal copy of your book! My jaw dropped open. It's gorgeous:)