Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Launch Party and July Recap!

July has been a CRAZY month for me all around, both in my personal and writing life. I'm anxious for things to slow down just a tad this month, but I definitely feel blessed and am grateful for all the things going right. Here are a few fun writerly highlights of the past few weeks:


I have a new agent! After querying a new project and receiving a few offers of representation, I decided to sign with Lane Heymont of The Seymour Agency. I'm super excited to work with him and see where this new adventure will take us. Yay!


The RESIST launch party was a huge success. We had a great crowd, live entertainment, delicious food, face painting, crafts and games for the kids, and a fun photo booth to capture it all. And my sister-in-law surprised me with a gorgeous haku lei. I'm so grateful to everyone who came out to support me. It was a day I will never forget! You can see all the photos from the event here.


I have a blogpost up on Thinking Through Our Fingers that is really a miniature version of what I talked about at the launch party. So if you missed it, you can read it here.


I got to talk on a panel and sign books with these lovely YA authors (L to R Mackenzi Lee, Kathryn Purdie, and Sara Larson) at my favorite bookstore, The King's English. It was like 97 degrees outside but so many readers came out to support us anyway. Thank you!


RESIST was in the local newspaper. It was such a fun surprise! Thanks to friends who cut out the article and sent it to me. Also, thanks to everyone taking pictures of Resist and the Remake paperback out in the wild. It's so fun to see my books on shelves all over the country!


I've already received many emails from fans who are loving book two in this series, and I couldn't be more grateful for everyone who has taken the time to purchase and read it. Thank you thank you!
I have been the kindest me, that I can be...
P.S. If you haven't seen "A Girl Like Her" on Netflix, I HIGHLY recommend it. So so good.

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Wow, so many good things! I feel like such a slacker. Congratulations on your success.

Tammy Theriault said...

You're on fire!!!! Congrats! Seymour Agency is amazing people I hear :)

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Congrats Ilima. So happy for you.

Emily R. King said...

Big month, my friend! <3

Kristin Smith said...

Wow, huge congrats, Ilima, on signing with a new agent!! I know you must be thrilled.

Your Launch party looks like it was a blast! I wish I lived closer so I could have seen all of you fabulous authors at The King's English. Fun!

Enjoy all the wonderful things happening in your life! :)