Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Sunshine Award



Thanks to Sheena-kay for awarding me the Sunshine Award...given to bloggers who "positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere." I just have to answer a few questions about myself and pass it on. Here goes...

What inspired you to start blogging?

Nothing profound. Just something I thought I was supposed to do as an aspiring author.

How did you come up with the name of your blog?

It used to be called Ka'ao, which is Hawaiian for 'tell a fanciful tale.' But then I changed it to my name to make it less confusing.

What is your favorite blog that you like to read?

Tough one. Too many to list. So I'm gonna cheat and share a tumblr account that I read faithfully every day: Title To Come.

What is your dream job?

I'm living it, baby. Wife. Mother. Writer. Dreams=realized.

Is your glass half full or half empty?

Yes. As in both. Even if things feel half empty for me on the inside, I try really hard to pretend it's half full. A lot of times, that will change my inside view for the better. :)

If you could go anywhere for a week's vacation, where would you go?

Do you really mean anywhere? Cause my answer would be space. In a rocket. To the moon or Mars or wherever. It's all cool.

What food can you absolutely not eat?

Bread pudding. There is something seriously wrong about soggy bread.

Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?

Dark. Why is this even a question?

How much time do you spend blogging?

Not as much as I'd like, which is probably a good thing.

Do you watch TV--if so, what are some of your favorite shows?

Not much. I'm more of a movie girl. But I'll watch Firefly or BSG or Arrested Development. I was excited for the new episodes this past weekend but lost interest the second one in. If any one else tuned in on Netflix, did it get any better beyond that one?

I'm going to pass the sunshine award along to: EVERYBODY!!!

I want to live where soul meets body and let the sun wrap its arms around me...


18 comments:

Suzanne Furness said...

Love your glass half full/empty answer, I think that is how I tend to be too! Would you really go to space? What a cool idea but not sure I have the clothes for it!

Great answers, have a day full of sunshine.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Soul meets body is such a great song. I knew I awarded you for a reason, even your answers leave happy.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

I liked your "glass" answer! And I watch less TV than I used to...but it's probably still more than I "should." :)

Jack said...

Everyone needs a vacation in space at least once in their lives. A home up there wouldn't be bad either.

Firefly is on my to watch list. I've heard it is really good.

Emily R. King said...

Love your attitude! And dark is the only chocolate. :) Congrats!

Jennie Bennett said...

My dreams are realized too, it's an amazing thing! And soggy bread... yeah, I don't get it either :)

Leigh Covington said...

Congrats on the award Ilima and I'm more of a movie girl too :)

Morgan said...

Laughing at your bread pudding comment! I've never had it, LOL. And I LOVE your answer to living the dream! You ARE living it! So excited for you, Ilima. You're so awesome! <3

Mark Means said...

Congrats on your award and I loved your dream job answer....very cool :)

ilima said...

Suzanne-I totally would! I use to want to be an astronaut. :)

Sheena-kay-Thanks for the award.

Madeline-What a time-suck, right?

Jack-It's the best show ever ever made. Ever.

Emily-Dark chocolate for the win!

Jennie-We're so lucky to be doing what we want most!

Leigh-Yes...a delightful story wrapped up in a short time frame.

Morgan-I'm the same way with stuffing and french toast. It's just weird.

Mark-Thanks. I am blessed. :)

Robin said...

Ilima, you definitely deserve the sunshine award. That's what I get every time I visit your blog. Sunshine, happiness, and a belief that dreams can be realized.

Johanna Garth said...

Ugh to bread pudding! And oatmeal is another one of my wacko food phobias.

Donna K. Weaver said...

You make me smile. My hubby can't stand soggy bread either. One reason he won't eat pineapple upside down cake--reminds him of soggy bread.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations! I have a Cosbolt you could borrow to get into space.

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

Congratulations on the award! Very fitting. :)
I loved Arrested Development, but haven't watched any of the new ones yet. Lost interest after two is not a good sign!

ilima said...

Robin-Aw, thanks. And yes, they can!

Johanna-Ew. I don't like oatmeal either.

Donna-Yep, I'm not a fan of that cake either. I have issues.

Alex-Haha. Score! I'll let you know when I'm ready to take off. :)

Rachel-I've heard online to keep plowing through...it all comes together by episode 7 and on. I might give it another go.

Nicole said...

Congrats! It was fun to read all your answers.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

I love that your dreams are realized!