I'm feeling lucky this week for a number of reasons:
1) Child #3 is turning nine. Nine is the name of my current MC. This has to mean something good. :)
2) I wrote over 20,000 words last week. Ya, you heard me, over TWENTY THOUSAND WORDS. Which also means I'll finish drafting my fourth novel this week. Yipee.
3) I've hit 100 followers and you all rock! In fact, if you are a follower (new followers welcome) and leave a comment on this post within the next week, you'll be entered for a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card. Oh, yeah baby. And if you blog, tweet, facebook, scream off a rooftop about it, you'll earn an extra entry...just let me know in your comment. See? This is your lucky week too!
4) I watched Hunger Games at the crazy midnight showing...you all know that movie rocks by now.
5) I secured airline tickets for a week at the beach in Georgia, and two+ weeks at the beach in Hawaii this year. Be jealous, go ahead, I'll allow it.
6) Also my husband found his dream car (across the country--he's driving it home as I type) and I'm thrilled for him.
7) So to carry on the luck and to help spread it to others, I'll finally cave after being tagged a number of times for The Lucky Seven Meme. Here are the det's:
1. Go to page 77 of your current MS.
2. Go to line 7.
3. Copy down the next 7 lines and post them as they're written. No cheating.
4. Tag 7 authors.
5. Let them know.
So, here goes:
I can’t breathe. I try to take in air but nothing comes.
“Nine?” It’s Ara’s voice.
I look to my left and see him walking up the shore, holding a mass of tangled rope on his shoulder. Kai is behind him, holding more rope. No—they are holding the same rope…a net, draped between the two of them.
Breathe, Nine. Breathe.
“Nine, what’s wrong?” Ara asks. “What are you doing here? Where’s Pua?”
Haha. Nothing too spoilery. I'm going to tag the last seven people to leave a comment on my blog:
Don't forget to follow my blog and comment on this post for a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card! I hope you all have a lucky week. :)